vision 2020

Welcome to my blog!

A few years ago, I created a blog (that no longer exists) to capture my weight loss journey.  I really enjoyed blogging, and I still don't really know why I stopped.  I have a hunch, however, that I stopped blogging because I stopped being consistent with my weight loss journey.  I mean, how can you blog about a weight loss journey when you are no longer on one?

Tonight, after several days of feeling "out of control" in some aspects of my life, I decided that I would start blogging again.  This time will be different.

And so FRUGALLY FIT FASHIONISTA was born.

I struggled with the name of this blog.  Full disclosure--I have created several other blogs with several different names since I abandoned my first blog (the "weight loss" one).  But they just didn't feel like ME.  I just didn't get THAT feeling when I saw the name in the search bar.

FRUGAL:  sparing or economical with regard to money or food.
FIT: in good health, especially because of regular physical exercise.
FASHIONISTA: a devoted follower of fashion

These are three terms that I believe describe ME--the ME that is buried beneath all these debts--financial, mental, and physical.  I truly believe that it is time for me to stop hiding beneath all these layers, these debts, so that I can really live my best life, so that I can be my most authentic self. And what better time to get the ball rolling as now, when we are on the verge of a new decade.

So here's what you can expect from me.

  • Monthly (at least) budget checkins with debt and savings reports
  • Monthly (at least) weigh-in and non-scale victory (NSV) reports
  • Monthly favorites post (mostly fashion with lots of fun mixed in there)
I am calling this new project "vision 2020."  In 2020, I want to see things more clearly. 

2020 will be the year of clarity.  2020 will be the year that I see me.




Comments